Thursday, May 08, 2008

Good Tasty Penang Food

Gurney Drive's food is all hype and nothing more... That is what I can say after having my so called dinner there when I was in the island on a business trip. Almost nothing there taste nice, not even a "famous" 50 years old stall selling Char Koay Teow or the Penang Har Mee (Prawn Mee) or even the Fried Oyster.

My manager ordered the first two and he could not even finished half of. In fact, he was cursing like hell about them. My favourite Penang Fried Oyster was another letdown... The taste suck and before long, we were out of the place.

The place that we find the best foods was actually a place called New Lane. The place is nearby Sunway Hotel Georgetown on the Macalister Road and it is really my favourite place to get my Fried Oyster. It taste so good every time I went there and it is always on the top of my list..

Another place that I would say is better than Gurney Drive is Swatow Lane... The best thing about it is that the local government has help upgrade the place and it really look nice... And this is the place where I go for the ice kacang with ice cream... Oooooohh... Yummy...

So, my last word on this post... If you want good tasty Penang Food, dont go Gurney Drive.

P.S.: Batu Ferringhi is also the same like Gurney Drive... All hyped and nothing in it...

No comments: