Sunday, May 07, 2006

A Not So Right Clinic

I am now in Penang due to work and I was supposed to travel around Kedah today and tomorrow but earlier in the morning, I woke up with a powerful pain on my back... The pain came once on Friday but it was mild. But this time, the pain keep on attacking me and after going to Kulim, I can no longer stand the pain. I decided to come back to Penang and see a doctor...

Since today is Sunday, my guess is that there would not be so many clinics that is open. So, I jumped into the first clinic that I found was open. Even though I know the clinic is opened by a Malay, I never expect what I saw there...

First, the place is really old. And at the reception, there is only an old man sitting there and he don't care about me until I talk to him. Worse, he was smoking right there....

I was able to stand the act and since the doctor inside does not ask him to stop, what should I bother? So, I sit down once I have registered my name. I looked around for a while until I saw a board with some words on it. To my horror, one of the sentence written there was:
"Kami menyediakan ubat untuk dirasuk hantu"

I was dumbstruck and in a matter of second, I left that "clinic". For a while I thought that place should not be a clinic but a place for a bomoh with a degree from UMalaya...

I drove to another clinic for my treatment and I am feeling better now.

2 comments:

Danxer said...

Eh? Hmm...

erm.. pain in the back? I recommend pilates. =)

alex said...

Thanks for your concern. Actually, I have found out about the reason I am having the pain. What the doctor told me is that I have some crystal (smaller version of the kidney stone) in my kidney. But no panic please. Everything is under control. The doctor have given me some "medicine" that would neutralize those uric acid in my kidney and stomach (which is the source of the crystal) and it would also dilute any crystal still inside my kidney. Also, I have been drinking alot of water nowadays and the pain almost never visit me already.