Saturday, September 09, 2006

Should this be happening???

The banner (not one, but alot) have been seen around Giant, USJ 1 and somehow, I felt that it is unappropiate.

If you don't understand it's meaning, let me explains.

First thing that you would need to know is that, recently, Mydin has just open up beside the Giant in USJ1. Being a wholesale/hypermarket store itself, Mydin's main competitor would be its neighbour, (you guess it right) Giant.

Giant realized that Mydin does not have a very big carpark and is afraid that customers would park at their carpark (which is really big) and just walk to Mydin (about 2 minutes) to go for shopping... Thus, Giant would be like paying for the parking but Mydin would get all the business.

To counter Mydin's attack... Giant is taking alot of aggresive move and one of it would be the above banner all over the place. The whole meaning of the banner is that if you want to park in Giant, you better buy something from us or we would charge you RM10 for parking. The phrase "RM10 per entry for others" is definitely pointing towards Mydin as I explained earlier..

This is what I would like to tell both Mydin and Giant...

Mydin: If you want to compete with Giant, better make your price more competitive... even though you are a hypermarket/wholesaler your price are just as good as Giant. Nothing special about your stuff really. If you want me to go to your place to shop, better buckle up....

Giant: If you want to have your business back, I would suggest that you lower down your prices... It is getting more and more expensive to shop at Giant. I have made alot of comparison and to tell you the truth, you are not really attracting me. Normally, the same amount of goods brought at your place would cost me about RM100 plus plus, would only cost me less than RM100 at Tesco... really.

No comments: