Sunday, October 10, 2010

Nike City 10K KL

I went for the second run for 2010. I was looking forward for it for weeks even though there were a time when the prospect of going for the run was almost down the drain. Had a injury on my left leg about 2 weeks back when I hit my knee when trying to save a smash during a badminton game.

Luckily, it was not as bad as I have expected and I managed to recover to at least 80% and a day before the run, I decided to go for it. I did promised myself that I would not continue if the pain become unbearable.

I managed to run the first 3km with a few short walk but by the time I reached 4km, I have no choice but to walk only as the pain from the old injury (from 10 years back) makes it impossible for me to continue running. Still I walk faster than usual and in the end, I managed to finish the run in 1 hour 30 minutes.

At the starting point...

Glowing people

this show that I finished the run

Well... one last thing I should says... I didnt expect myself to be able to go for 2 runs in one year... it is definitely better than last year... Cant wait for the next one (next year)

** 13th October 2010 - Suddenly, I remember a few interesting runners atthe run. There was a guy that has this message at the back of his t-shirt. It was written that he is running for his birthday that day. I wished him happy birthday and I was glad that he is happy about it. I also saw an elderly man getting ready for the run before the start of the run and half way thru the run (after my knee start giving me pains), he overtake me then... From what I can see, he dont run. Instead, he walk extremely fast. I must respect him for this.

No comments: