Monday, October 10, 2005

Blood Donation

I am one of the many people in this world that is constantly looking for chances to donate blood. I don't understand why many are afraid of this. Maybe they are afraid of the needle, or maybe the look on the blood streaming down the tube into a bag. But I was never driven off by this. In fact, I would look at the whole process, from the injection of anaesthetic to the time when they poke the needle into my skin and when my blood start to flow into the bag, up until the stop the flowing with a stopper and fill the blood container with some of my blood and finally pulling out the needle.

Never was I, at any time, afraid or anything. It is really nothing. But I pity those who want to donate but are unable to, due to the health condition or any other reason. As for those who are able or think that they are able to donate, please go a donate. Your blood might save someone.

The "shocking" experience that I have since donating five times before is the experience I had yesterday. After the donation, I went straight home and not long after that, I start to read a magazine I brought two days ago. I think I was giving some pressure onto my hand and before I know it, blood start shooting out of the hole left from the blood donation like a fountain. It took me some time to stop the blood from flowing out but when it stop, I found myself getting dizzy. With my previous experience, I know that I might blackout and I went straight into my room and lay down with my leg resting higher than my head. This is to make sure that I would be able to keep my blood circulating and I won't blackout. Luckily, the flow stopped and I am still in one piece.

If you are asking whether I want to go and donate blood again, I would told you that I will, for as long as I live.

No comments: