Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Grandma's Birthday

Yesterday was my grandma's birthday and previously, I have never give her a present before because I was too poor to buy one for her. This year, it was a different case. I am working and I have income. Together with Cat, both of us brought a bottle of DOME and give it to my grandma as a present.

I am not sure but maybe because of bothh my parents' angpau and our present, she was very happy and if I see correctly, she cried out of happiness. I guess, for her, it means that there are alot of people who still care about her and that is what make her happy.

Afterwards, my grandma and I sat down for a while to chat a little. What she asked was totally unexpected from her. She asked me when would I be getting marry? She was hoping to become a real great-grandmother (I have a cousin who already have a child but my cousin is a she and she is married out to another family, according to Chinese culture and that only make her a "outside" great-grandmother). I guessed she want to be a great-grandmother without the "outside as well.

And about the marrying thing, both Cat and I have our plan but it won't be that fast.Our best bet is about 3 years from now and I do wish that my grandma would be able to see me on this day and also to carry my child too in her arms.

I would try my best...

3 comments:

cmeel said...

A true filial child / grandchild u are. :)

Wishing u+cat, ur family & ur grandma & grandpa well n happy always. :)

Am lookin fwd to your wedding! :p :)

alex said...

Hey... How did you find me?

Songie said...

me2 me2 me2~
wishing you happiness n peace too!(and ur family,and ur cat(HAHAH!)if u have a cat, ur GF-Cat(nyek nyek!),ur family..GRANDMA...ur friends...ur colleagues...same like wat ML says(I kiasu,must write more..hhaha!).
And me2 me2-pls tell me in advance,ur wedding ok.:)