Thursday, August 21, 2008

Debate

Whispers: Playing Nox every night...

..........................................

A debate between two politicians in the Malaysia is almost unheard of until recently when the current Information Minister, Datuk Ahmad Shabery Cheek face off with Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, the de facto leader of PKR, in a live televised debate entitled "Today We Form the Government, Tomorrow the Fuel Prices Will Go Down". However, I was busy at the time of the debate and didnt managed to catch it on TV...

Anyway, I managed to watch the second debate between two politicians yesterday when the former Penang Chief Minister, Tan Sri Dr Koh Tsu Koon take on the current Penang Chief Minister, Mr Lim Guan Eng in The True Story Behind the Land Controversy in Penang debate organised by online media Agenda Daily at Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka (DBP).

I wont say much about whatever content there is in the debate because you can read it in the newspaper and Internet but I must say kudos for those who are willing to organize and participate in these type of debates.

I really hope that more and more debates can be organize as I believe these are the best time for Malaysian to see those good politicians in action and people would understand better what is really going on in the country.

After watching yesterday's debate, I have a few suggestions for the organizer (if you even come across this post of mine) that might make the debate better:
Increase the length of the debate - 1 hour is definitely not enough to get the a clearer picture of the issue at hand.
Provide an opportunity for the people to participate - people should be given a chance to ask the politician question in their mind, after all, the debate is to let the people see a clearer picture of the issue at hand.

To wrap up this post (I sound like I am in a debate pulak... hehe...), I want to point out that there was once a politician who condemned the need of a debate between politician as this is Malaysia, not US. Well, all I could see is that he is so wrong in his view and with yesterday's debate, I really hope that there would be more of it to come...

My final comment on that politician that gave the above comment is that this politician have no guts as I believe he understand perfectly well that if he is in one of the debate, he would have such a hard time that he actually believe all his friends in politics are just like him.

I know... I know... Many of you might not have the same view as me and you might not agree with what I have written here but I just want to express my view... :)

No comments: