Monday, October 06, 2008

Fanily and Friends

Whispers: My manager is not around... He is flying to Morocco on a business trip...

...........................................

Something that I saw triggered me to write this post...

As like any other Sunday for the past few weeks, I went to work as a part-time instructor yesterday at Skytrex. What caught my attention the most yesterday is the second last group that came in. It was not the leader's bad attitude but rather the group of people that he bought in.

The whole group consisted of 45 person (more or less, as I didnt have the privilage to count) with some as young as 6 years old to someone who is as old as 40-something... From what I can see, the older-generation people are good friends from those-were-the-days and it is already remarkable to see friendship that last so long...

But what is even more remarkable about this group is the younger-generation... Clearly, their age ranged from 6 to 16 or 17 years old but somehow, their relationship with each other are actually very good. I could see that they are actually very closely bonded together. Even though the boys are more wild (as expected) and the girls are more shy (more of the expected), they encourage each other (at the same time, tease one another as well).

It was really a very heart-warming time seeing how these families get together to do something (I am sure skytrex is just one of the many activities that they do together) and many, if not all, of their children joined in to have fun, great and value time together...

And it actually makes me wonder if my friends and I would move towards this direction in the future... I sure hope so as I dont really have this type of experience when I was young (yes, I am jealous... so what) but I do hope that my children wont go through the same thing as I am...

Disclaimer: I am not blaming my parent or anything because I am grateful that they have given me a very good childhood and I want to give my children the same plus something extra... :)

1 comment:

Gypsy On The Move said...

It's natural to have such thoughts tho because personally, I myself do not have such memories. =)