Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Crazy Frog

One of the most influential icon to this date is non other than The Crazy Frog. If you are asking why am I suddenly bring out this topic, then my answer is that today at office, a colleague's handphone with this ringtone keep on ringing and somehow it "irritate" another colleague of mine. Later, another colleague of mine downloadd that particular ringtone and keep on playing it, making the "irritated" colleague "go crazy". The whole atmosphere was kinda funny and everyone was laughing.

If you want to know more about this Crazy Frog, I would suggest that you read it up in Wikipedia here. There is really lots of information about it.

Anyway, back to Crazy Frog, it is either you like it or you hate it. There is no in-the-middle type of mood for Crazy Frog. My first encounter with this song was about 4 to 5 months ago when I was stuck in a traffic jam in my car with Cat in one rainy night. We were on our way to Sunway Pyramid for our dinner when the song was played in Hitz.fm. Feeling funny about it, I listened tentatively. Even though it is a techno type of song, somehow I feel good with it (even though I don't like techno that much). I felt that is sound nice and from that day onward, I keep on hearing it day in and day out. Up until today, this particular song is still very popular and it is gaining alot of ground in Malaysia.

I remember once when the deejay of a radio station was saying:

"I don't understand what you all are thinking. I tried not to play this song and yet you all are voting for it. So, here is Crazy Frog"

It was months ago and as you can see, it is invading our world. It is like wherever you go, you would hear it.

No comments: