Monday, November 19, 2007

Weoi Li and Li Jin's Official Wedding (17th Nov 2007)

Finally, I have a Sister-in-law (sort of)...

As you all know, I don't really have a brother (I am the oldest in the family) and I have always taken Weoi Li as my big brother (and always will). In fact, I have been calling him "big brother" for more than 13 years already (since 1994 if I am not mistaken, when we are in the same class during Form 2).

Well, he got married last Saturday with his sweetheart, Li Jin, who is also another good friend of mine...

As one of the photographer who has been covering their registration on the 9th September 2007 (the other being Jason, SanSan's life partner - can't say husband yet cos they have registered but havn't go though the official ceremony yet), I continue my work by being the main photographer of the event again.

Went to Li Jin's place as early as 6.45 am to cover the make-up process. By 8.00 am, the 'chi mui' (sisters) started arriving. Fay Chin, Mee Leng, Pei Yun, Koh Pek, Huey Ying, Ling Sze, Haruka (from Japan), Ivy and some others are among the "chi mui"... Every 'chi mui' was shock to see me there but they came to accept that I need to be there to capture the bride's side of the journey... Funny that they even thought of asking me to wear a skirt to become one of them...

Well, by the time the groom arrive at the bride's place, the 'chi mui' already kick me out of the house (I guess they thought that I might pass the key out or something...).

With the influence of Hong Kong's Drama, 'chi mui' nowadays will try to give the 'heng tai' (brothers) a hard time before the groom can bring his wife home. 'Heng Tai' consist of Ji Long, Kok Lim, Gee Way, Tuck Bin, Kai Loong, Shyen, Wei Loong, Winfred, Chee Yong, Kean Hua and many more. Not forgetting ME!

First up, pysical test. Two 'heng tai', Weng Phoon and Shyen. Eating carrot while pumping. Weng Phoon lying down while holding a stick of carrot while Shyen bite the carrot while pumping directly on top of Weng Phoon.

Next up would be the "Tastes of Marriage" (Sweet, Sour, Bitter and Spicy). The 'chi mui' prepared the four different taste using chilli in fried wanton(for the Spicy), minced bittercout (for the Bitter), honey on some sweet "kueh" (for the sweet) and god-know what for the sour...

For the third test, the 'chi mui' asked who is the groom's best friend and everyone looked at me. Answering the challenge, I stepped up to take the challenge. Pei Yun said that it is a very simple task and he hand me an raw egg. What I need to do then is to roll the egg through my trousers. Hard to explain how it feels like except to say that it is cold. The 'heng tai' was joking that I should make sure that while one egg goes in, only one egg comes out and not three eggs... Another was advising me not to grab the egg too hard. By the time the egg passed halfway, Wei Loong was asking me to let to egg slide down. But since I don't have any extra trouser then, I keep it cool, letting the egg slide down slowly. Thanks Buddha that the egg come out in one piece.

Before we can go though the main door, the 'chi mui' asked for the "Door Opening Ang Pau". As we are following the tradition, Weoi Li gave it to them...

Initially thought that by this time, everything should be settled but halfway up the stairs, the girl blocked us saying that we need to answer some question, both general and personal... After these questions, Weoi Li have to do one last thing... He has to sign a Love Contract...

After doing all these, the groom finally got to meet with his bride...

Next up is the "Tea Ceremony" in the bride's place before moving to the groom's place for yet another round of "Tea Ceremony"...

So, from last Saturday onwards, I have Li Jin as my "tua soh", apart from Weoi Li as my 'big brother'...

No comments: