Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Cameron Highlands Trip

I had a great time during Raya. Not to say that I really celebrate Raya but I took the opportunity to travel out of Klang Valley during the three days holiday.

I went to Cameron Highlands with two of my friends, Lee Yee and Yu-Xing, from Muar, Johor. No, I did not pick them up from Muar but from Puduraya Bus Station.

It took us about 4 hours to get to our destination in Cameron Highlands, Father's Guest House. If you want to see a lot of Mat Salleh "LengChai" or "LengLui", this is the place for you. Somehow, the place appeal to them and I can see at least a bunch of them here during the two night we stayed here.

Places that we visited during our stay there are Healthy Strawberry Farm, Kasimanis Strawberry Farm, Catcus Point, Ee Fung Gu Bee Farm, Rose Centre, Parit Fall, Sungai Palas Boh Plantation Centre, Cameron Bharat Tea Plantation, Sam Poh Temple, Brinchang's Weekend Night Market, Time Tunnel and some other less known place. Other place that we tried to visit but fail were Gunung Brinchang and Robinson Fall due to the fact that my SLK (Super Little Kelisa) was not design for climbing mountain and that my old knee injury come back haunting me when I tried to climb a lesser know hill of the trail to Robinson Fall.

There were not enough signboard/arrow to bring us there. There was a point where the trail is divided into three. Unable to choose, we decided to turn back to the car.

Some of the nice place that we visit are Time Tunnel, Bharat Tea Plantation and Rose Centre...

Time tunnel really bring back a lot of memories of mine when I look at many of the antiques displayed there. Nearby got some shops that sell fresh vegetables and fruits and also other stuffs like souvenirs. I brought a little dragon keychain here. My mum explained to me that monkey and dragon are very compatible with each other as we bring good luck and fortune to each other. I don't really believe this initially but to think of it again, my dad have been very lucky everytime I am around him (won a lot of lucky draws) and I guess this is the time that I get a dragon to bring me great fortune as well.

The Bharat Tea Plantation is a great place to get up-close with tea bushes. Managed to took a panorama picture of the plantation and hopefully I can show it here soon.

The Rose Centre really has a lot flowers in display. It was really a great place for me as I could use the opportunity to try my macro photography skill. Also, even though I am not able to conquer Gunung Brinchang, The top of the Rose Centre gave me the opportunity to have a feel of "I Am On Top Of The World".

The two places that really disappointed me are Sungai Palas Boh Tea Plantation and Parit Fall. From the main building of the Boh Tea Factory, we were informed that there would be some staffs every 15 minutes that would bring us around their factory to further understand how they actually process the famous tea that we drink today. But we did not see any guide that would bring us around even though we waited for almost an hour.

The Parit Fall that was suppose to be one of the main attraction in Cameron Highlands but it was a huge letdown when we realize that the place is full with litter and the colour of the water is light brown.

Other good place worth visiting would be the Sam Poh Temple, where the once famous monk reside in. I say the monk but I did not really ask for advise from him. I believe that my life is in my hand. I brought a Malaysia's $1 coin there as I had always wanted to get one for myself.

The weekend nightmarket in Brinchang is another great place to go. The funny thing about this place is that the night market start from 3.00 pm and many of the traders are there already at that early hour. There are many stuffs that I don't really see in Klang Valley like "Fried Ice Cream" and some other local delicacies being offerred there. There is even a stall that is selling fried crab at RM3 each. Imagine that. Super cheap. But I did not try. Maybe next time...

If you want to get up-close with bee, the Ee Fung Gu Bee Farm would be a great place for you to do so. It is about the same like any other bee farm but since this is my first time here, I was amazed by those bees flying around collecting nectare from flowers.

If you want to see pictures of our trip to Cameron Highlands and my new collection of pictures, stay tuned. Hope I can get the pictures done ASAP.

No comments: