Monday, April 28, 2008

Ice Skating

Finally, I have tried my hand... no, should be my leg... err, my body on ice skating and I can safely say that I have master the very basic of ice skating...

CHEERS!

All this thanks to a friend, Lemon, who invited me to join her in Sunway Ice yesterday and have the patience to teach me how to ice skating...

Lemon with a V

For someone who are almost a stranger to ice skating and its cousin (rollerblading), having tried rollerblading once, I really dont know what to expect.

Ice skating is really something that would require sweat and blood to be master and sweat and blood is what I paid (apart from the entry fee, blade rent and gloves) to master the basic of ice skating.

Me sweating like crazy, trying to learn how to skate...

My first step on ice skating result in my first ever PK on the ice. It was a funny (and humiliating :P) experience since I was yet to realize I was on ice then when I was already sitting on it with the back of my pant wet with those cooling ice water.

Practicing the "theory" of ice skating, I started from the side of the ring. Step by step, I moved forward slowly until I was confident enough to move further away from the side of the ring. Throughout the course of moving away from the side towards the "medium speed lane", I fall another two times. One of it resulted on a small cut on my elbow but nothing serious.

In between skating time, we rested outside the ring and on our final attempt on the ice ring, a very big surprise came to me. Somewhere on the ice, I tried to stablize myself but somehow, it resulted in me doing a sommersult and landed on the ice with my face down. Luckily, with both my hand landing on the floor first, I managed to escape with a little cut in my mouth...

Got a cut somewhere in my mouth from the last fall I had on ice yesterday

The gloves and blade that I used...

The tag for me to get in...

So, I can skate liao lo... Anyone wanna belanja me go skating??? Dont ask me to teach yet... still learning...

No comments: