Friday, April 18, 2008

One Fathom Bank (Part Three)

One would have thought that once the sun has set, there would not be anything interesting for anyone to do in the middle of the sea. Well, that is not really the case.

Some kaki pancing actually like fishing at night as there are certain fishes that comes to the surface in the night.

Here are the catches of the day...

Catches of the day... Each little fishes id as big as your hand palm only...

And here are the catches of the night...

See the difference???

Look how large the fish is compare to the cigarette box...

I know I look funny... Can't help it... First time handling a fish so large... Heavy too... (4 kg)

So, once you have your catch, what would you do with it???

Of course you eat it... but not eating it raw but eat it with something that would make it taste great... what else if not asam pedas (I dont have the pictures with me right now but believe me when I say that it really taste great). In fact, as someone who dont really take asam pedas, I was one of the many people that take more portion than I should...

If you dont have asam pedas with you, no problem... create a fire and you can start BBQing already... Another bonus for me and the gang would be the fact that the time we were in OFB, it is squid season... Some of the kaki pancing have their equipment ready and when the time comes, they began catching squids. The best thing of all here is that once the squid was catched, a friend that tag along Kurauking, actually BBQ a few squids for us (yes, we setup a fire in a bbq pit, mind you) and I took one myself. It really taste very different compare to the one you buy from the wet market. Since it was cook fresh, no part of the squid was being clean and yes, we ate the black ink as well and the whole squid actually taste sweet.

I was full after my meal that I decide to help the digestion...

What else can I, a photography enthusiast, do if not taking photographs all around? Result:

Moving cloud, moon and One Fathom Bank Lighthouse.

Moon with lighthouse

Many of us, myKlang people, are not really keen on fishing so, many of us hook up with some of the kaki pancing and talk the night out of them. I met with someone from Sabah and the feeling I got that time is as though I have just met someone from my hometown. Then again, I do and still feel that Sabah, especially Kota Kinabalu, is my second hometown.

By 12.30 am, most of us are exhausted and we retreat into our room. Sleeping all around the room, we rest our body and mind for the second day in OFB...

More to come... stay tune...

No comments: