Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Naughty Kids... Why?

Some of you may be surprise with this post as I guess it is one thing that you would never thought that I would be interested in writing. So, what does this post is all about?

Remember the saying that the older a child gets, the naughtier the child would become?

I believe that it is true but have we ever wonder why must it be like that?

I was a very naughty child myself when I was young but luckily, I turn out okay. :P

So, what am I trying to say here???

I was actually making some observation for the past one month (No, I dont have any child of my own... BTW, I am still single :P ) on the few kids my aunt is taking care of. The difference between before that date and after that date is the arrival of a new baby.

The youngest child before that actually have all the "attention" and "love" from everyone but everything changes once the new baby arrived. Most of the attention is moved towards the new baby and suddenly, the child felt as though no one care about him anymore.

But the child is not going to give up the attention he used to have that easily but he too realize that it is going to be tough getting attention and love the usual way. In fact, it is not working anymore.

Soon, the child will start some trials and errors and once he found the effective method, the child would used it again and again. Normally, this method would be doing something that we, the adults, dont let them do. They know that once they do this, we would give attention to them, at least for a while (which is better than none) and we, as an adult, would describe this as being naughty.

I guess you would understand why kids tend to become more and more naughty when they are growing up. If you dont want this to happen, be fair to all your child...

But then again, it does not necessary be the case. I am one of the usual case. I grew up "alone" for almost five years until my sister was born but I was being describe as naughty well before that.

My parents and relative would always remind me how I was being brush away (halau) from one place of the house to another without fail thoughout the day (and night too) :P

Thinking back, I do believe that I am a hell of a kid back then.

I am lucky to have a very loving mum and patience dad and I have grown up a okay...

No comments: