Monday, March 24, 2008

Ipoh Day-Trip

If you know that I have been going to Ipoh three times for the past one year, you should be having a "wah-lau-eh" face with you right now. Yes, I just went to Ipoh last Saturday, again, but this time, I am no longer the tour guide like the previous two trips. This time around, we have a local that is bringing us around for our food hunting one-day-trip... The group of seven consist of my cousin and friends plus the oddly-place me.

As usual, we drove to Ipoh but since this is a one-day trip, we have to make use of all the time we have on that day.

Believe it that I woke up a 4 am and at about 5 am, we are on our way to north to Ipoh. We were using two car, a Myvi and a SLK, for the trip and since that SLK (Super Little Kelisa) is mine, I drove it throughout the whole trip.

Our first stop is for breakfast in restaurant behind Hotel Excelsior. Cant remember the name as I was darn hungry and the only thing in my mind then was FOOD!!!

After breakfast, we proceed to visit a cave famous for its beautiful landscape, Kek Look Tong but not before dropping by a shop call YeeHup to get some local products like the famous white coffee and such.

After, Kek Look Tong, we move on to another must-visit attraction, Kellie's Castle... How I lost count on the number of time I have been to this magnificient castle...

Moving back to Ipoh, we visited Ipoh's oldtown area for lunch. The shop is "Kong Heng" and it was said that the curry mee and popiah (both original and fried) are very good but I guess it is only in the past... I dont find anything special about it, though.

Moving on, we move on to get a bite of the famous smooth Taufu Fah from Lai Kei Soya. They have alot of variant but those who tried it said that it really live up to the name.

After the Taufu Fah, we continued with our hunt for food and our nose lead us to try the Famous Salted Chicken here:



By the time we finished with the delicious salted chicken, the sky has turned dark and raindrops start to come down. As it was still a long while before dinner time, we decided to take a walk in Ipoh Parade... I managed to find a wallet (for a moment I was about to type purse :P) and bought it without a second thought. Have been looking for one for a long while...

Dinner time came and we move on to our pre-planned dinner place "On Kee" Taugeh Chicken. Most Ipoh people actually prefer this shop compare to the other one "Lou Wong" and I should say that I have the same opinion. Have been having taugeh chicken here since the first time I came to Ipoh.

After a wonderful dinner, we move on for dessert... yes, tong sui at, where else if not "Tong Sui Kai" aka "Dessert Lane" beside Sam Tet School...

Moving south back to Klang, we dropped by Bidor for the also very famous duck drumstick soup...



It is really superb and the final part of the journey home is a slow one as it was raining cats and dogs... Reached home about 11 pm and by the time I am ready for sleep, it is about 12 am already... Sigh, I still got tai chi class at 7 the next morning...

No comments: