Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Learning Tai Chi Chuan

I have always prefer having at least an instructor/teacher while I am learning something as it would speed up the learning process.

This is the main reason for me to stop my Saturday's Tai Chi Chuan class (even though I only went there once) and to concentrate on the Sunday's class. I am very fortunate that Weoi Li's uncle is teaching the Yang Style Tai Chi Chuan in Setia Alam and it is really a nearer place for me to learn Tai Chi Chuan.

The Tai Chi Chuan that Weoi Li's uncle is teaching is the 37 Forms Yang Style Tai Chi Chuan that was thought by Professor Cheng Man-ching (he has been a college professor), he himself a student of Grandmaster Yang Cheng-fu, one of the descendant of Yang Lu-chan, the founder of Yang Style Tai Chi Chuan.

Professor Cheng is well known as the person who introduce Tai Chi Chuan to the West.

If you are interested in learning, please contact me and I will give you the details and just maybe, we can learn and practice together

1 comment:

adriantai said...

hi... would be nice if you could ket me know the details of the TaiChi class. i'd be more than happy to put this up at the resident's forum:
http://forum.setiaalam.net

personally, i'm also keen to pick this up though i will only be moving to Setia Alam sometime end of this year.