Saturday, March 01, 2008

Take care of my Health

It has somehow become a tradition for Long Wah Temple, a temple that I used to frequented when I was younger, to provide angpau (those red packets which contain money that is given to children during Chinese New Year) which contain 20 cents and a message that will remind the person of something. To an extend, it is like fortune telling and it is up to the person to believe in it or not.

In my case, I choose to believe in it as when I reflect on what I have gone through, the advise in the message really wakes me up.

Let me explain... I have been having fun for the past six months, doing things that I never thought I would do previously like clubbing and drinking liquors (even though not that too often)... Not that I would stop completely but I really need to reduce the frequency to the minimum.

The message that I got actually reminded me that those fun are impermanance and what is really important is my own health. Without a healthy body, there would not be any fun at all.

Hence, I have been changing my lifestyle for the better. I have started jogging in Taman Rakyat, Klang since last week and will do so every Sunday together with my 'kaki's, Weoi Li, Li Jin and Kok Lim. Join us if you are interested. We will be there at about 8.30 am every sunday except if there is something else going on (call us to double confirm. Dont want you to go there and found out that we are not going).

And just now, I have "unofficially" start my learning curve for Tai Chi as well. It is actually a group of elderly that practice everyday in Happy Garden and one of them happens to be Mee Leng's mum. On my first day, I am just getting used to it and hopefully, soon, I would be able to understand the steps and practice alot more often.

I should be restarting my badminton practice this coming Tuesday with my badminton's 'kaki's. It has been six month. Hope that I am not that 'Karat' with that racquet of mine...

If you are interested in joining me in any of the above activity, let me know... The more the people, the merrier it would become...

P.S.: Not that I am going to stop my clubbing activities and drinking but the frequency will be reduce and I dont want to get drunk that often...

No comments: