Thursday, June 05, 2008

Petrol Price Hike

Whispers: Tried sabi-wasabi (Bukit Tinggi Klang) yesterday... taste okay but surely prefer Shogun... Wish I can go to Shogun (One Utama) soon... missed it, really

.........................................................

This is the hottest topic in town now.

As a citizen of Malaysia, who have been enjoying the subsidy given by the government all this while, GIVE ME BACK MY SUBSIDY!!!!

Okay, now that I am done with that, let move on with the world. Let's face it, the price hike is really inevitable, one way or another. The price of crude oil has been breaking the record again and again and while it is slowing down, dont expect it to move back to what it used to be... Dont because it would never happens,not in a million years... In fact, with the current world consumption of the petroleum, it is just a matter of time before we actually start running short and running out of it...

As we draw nearer and nearer toward this final day, the price would continue to soar and soar. Record price would continue to be break and this is going to be a fact.

True as it may seem, I was really disappointed with this decision from our PM... It has show how indecisive he is and I am sure that this event itself has make him the most unpopular PM in the history of Malaysia.

But then again, I would like to point out that even if the political tsunami in March 2008 was able to overturn the current federal government then, the price hike is really inevitable. Just that since the current National Front (BN - Barisan Nasional) managed to maintain its hold on the country, the PM has been destiny to break the news to its people.

After talking so seriously, I want to change the tune here... I would like to share more about what happens when I first received the news.

At that time, I was still in my office and having the access to the internet, I have been checking for the news since afternoon. It was until about 5.30 pm that it was being posted in some online newspaper. Informing my colleagues, the trading room that I have been working in, suddenly change to become a media centre where everyone is either on the phone or typing messages to tell the rest of Malaysia of the breaking news... It was really a hilarious scene and I cant stop laughing.

Some of them even rush out of the office early to queue up in the nearby petrol station to pump up their tank on the then current rate, for the last time...

By the time I was going home, I could see that all the petrol stations are full with cars trying to beat the 12.00am time.

As for me, I was lucky enough that earlier yesterday morning, my tank indicator is near empty and I just went to fill it up to the max...

No comments: