Monday, June 30, 2008

Pushing The Limits

Whispers: My manager told me earlier that both me and him would be going to Penang again, maybe in the second week of July... Yahoo!!!!

.................................................

It really feel great. Having the chance to play badminton twice a week have been a wish come true to me, when a group of friends of mine decided to have a weekly session. Though it may be kinda far from my place, I am willing to face the current Klang's traffic every weekend just to be able to play badminton.

Yesterday was the second time we come together for a game. As everyone gearing up to play, one of my friend, HX, actually "challenged" me for a game of single... No a person who step away from a "challenge", I accepted it and after many games of double, it was down to both of us to play the single match.

Knowing that my stamina would not last me for too long, I decided to finish off the game asap... Also, with my experience of being "belasah" by my other "kaki bulu tangkis" (fellow badminton players), I have learn what is the basic essense of playing single. Counting on these two aspects, I really played a very fast game and forcing him to make mistakes... It was to my surprise (and many others as well) that I managed to finish off the game 15 - 0... I am not bragging because HX really gave me a great fight and with due respect, I doubt this would ever happen again...

What really struck me is how I managed to keep myself playing the whole game. I used to be a person with not much of stamina and even playing a game of badminton then is like killing me already (this was when I started playing badminton). But now, I can proudly say that I have push myself to another level altogether. Of course, once the game finished, I was totally exhausted and was lying there, grasping for oxygen...

Hope I can keep this up and continue to move forward.

No comments: