Thursday, June 12, 2008

Taman Negara 5 - Bukit Terisek

Whispers: Currently being "blackmailed" by my colleagues to "belanja" them lunch in Tai Thong Restaurant. This is going to drill a very big hole in my pocket... :(

...........................................................

After completing the canopy walk, the next activity that we have that morning was the jungle trekking to the peak of Bukit Terisek. The first part of the hike was harder as the trail was very steep. I was the last one to reach point A as I was moving very slowly. The hike was actually not a challenge to me as I have been training myself for the past two months (taking the stairs to my office on the 5th floor every working day and jogging in Taman Rakyat every weekend).

After point A, I threw a challenge to my group to see if there is anyone willing to follow me jogging up to point B, which is actually the peak of Bukit Terisek. Two of them actually followed me throughout the jog and we managed to conquered the 400 meters in less than 10 minutes...

After taking many scenery pictures of the place, we hike back to the jetty to take a boat ride to the floating restaurant for our lunch...


The view from Bukit Terisek... On a good shiny day, one can see Mount Tahan from here. Unfortunately, it was cloudy when I was there...

Me at the peak of Bukit Terisek (344m). If this continue, I might be able to climb Mount Kinabalu in the future...

No comments: