Wednesday, December 19, 2007

DYC 12: Experience in the Dark

Another activity that worth me talking here about the youth camp would be the Experience in the Dark.

(Yes, I know. I have been talking a lot about the youth camp and I promise you that this is the last one, unless I remember something else to write about it again)

Anyway, the activity is not really something out of the ordinary. It is just an activity that we blindfold all the participants and lead them (while holding each other's hand) around the KCBA premise in the night (yeah, I know it is the usual stuffs).

What make this activity worth mentioning is actually events that happened during the activity.

Committee members are given the task not just to take them around the premise but to create havoc on them. Some of the stuff that the committee members did include sudden shouting, slamming doors, cutting their line, go into sudden high speed and obstacles all around the premise.

What is really remarkable that make me mentioning it here is the actions taken by the participants during the activities...

Since some of the stuff that we do was by force, the participants actually hold each others hand tighter than normal. it can really be seen as some of the committee members (me included) joined in as part of the line and purposely holding back the line... The few that holds me actually tighten their grip on me until my hand hurts abit... Leonie actually came to me after the activity for a hand massage becoz her hand hurt so much (luckily no serious injuries was reported). I was told that there was even one that was reportedly hanging, like Matrix, a few inch from the "stair handle' (forgotten what it is called) but because of the trust for his friend, nothing really happened to him.

If everyone can actually trust each other like that, we would have a more peaceful world indeed.

What I can says here is that I do believe that I had a group of friends that I can always rely on. You know who you are!

No comments: