Monday, December 24, 2007

Gua Tempurung, Ipoh and Taiping

Yes, you read it correctly...

I just came back from Gua Tempurung, Ipoh and Taiping... I know that it was not really that long since the last time I went there (Gua Tempurung, about a few months back) but when opportunity arise for me to have fun, I would not hesitate at all. Furthermore, I had always wanted to go to Ipoh to 'cari makan'... Will like to say thank you to Lee Yee as she is the only one that join me on this trip.

Anyway, about my second time going into Gua Tempurung... I was more ready this time, knowing what to expect already, I tried to prepare myself the best that I can. This time, I wore a t-shirt, short pants and slippers (On my first trip, both my sock and sport shoe was a goner...). I also bump into my guide for the first trip, Tok Janggut and I was abit shock that he still remember me.

Anyway, I must says that this trip is abit more challenging than the first due to the fact that it is rainy season now. I do noticed that the water level is higher and that the route are more slippery really make it a very different experience altogether.

The group was a medium size group of about 38 persons, young and old from countries like Malaysia, Singapore and even Korea. I got two cuts, one on my knee and the other on my finger and my body is aching all around.

After the caving in Gua Tempurung, we went to Kellie's Castle (I know, I Know... this is the 5th time I am there and really, I dont mind...) before going to Ipoh.

Night time there is the golden hours that I hunt for some of my favourite foods... Taugeh chicken with horfun at Onn Kee... Also bought the "Heong Peah" or "Honey Biscuit" which I believe is very delicious... (different people got different taste... so if you don't agree with me, live with it...)

The next morning, we went to the ever popular Fohsan Dimsum restaurant. Love their dim sum there... really, really delicious. As usual, have to wait for quite a while and we also have to tumpang other people's table to eat... but the meal is really satisfactory.

After checking out, we went to Taiping Lake just for the sake of visiting the place... Found some new places That I did not know previously and took some pictures there...

By the time we want to go back to Klang Valley, traffic start to build up, especially in at Jelapang Toll and Ipoh Selatan Toll.

By the time I sent Lee Yee back to Miharja, it was already 5.20 pm and I reached home at about 6.00 pm...

1 comment:

lilyn said...

hi. do you know what tok janggut's real name is? he was my guide too. but i cant remember what his real name is. reply at my link if you do :)