Monday, December 17, 2007

DYC 12: Overview

KCBA Dhamma Youth Camp 12 is officially over yesterday.

KCBA Dhamma Youth Camp has always been part of my yearly schedule of event that I will try my best to be around.

This year, I went in as a advisor and photographer just to help out... What I did not know is that I would be getting more than I could possible imagine...

Since I still have to work during weekdays and on Saturday morning, the time I spend there are more limited compare to the time I used to spend there...

Anyway, I tried my best to help out in any way that I can. I made a resolution since last year that I dont want to scold anyone but did not manage to do it last year. However, I am glad that I did it this year...

The committee members for this year includes Huey Ying, Li Ling, Jessy, Shin Ling, Mei Xuen, Desmond, Ruby, Chun Hau, Pei Yun, Shin Dee, Chia Wei, Mandy, Leonie, Esther, Pei Pei, Kai Loong, Wei Loong, Wee Kiat, Wai Yee, Tuck Long, Rachel, Ravin, Nirosah and Wai Loon (If I miss you out, please forgive me). Even though there are some minor hiccups here and there, I would still like to say Congratulation to you all for your contribution and creativities... In case I somehow offended anyone of you, my humble apologies to you...

As I was there for a limited time only, especially on the first two days, I was on low profile until the next day. Apart from me, several other seniors come in to help as well and the other significant senior that contribute a lot is Weng Phoon (he just come out from hospital because of dengue).

I guess because of the lack of experience, certain activities actually need one of the seniors to take over just to control the participants. This is where I have created another trademark phrase: "5 Minutes of Silence" I used it so much that it makes a lot of the participants laughing but understand what I want them to do, that is to keep quite and listen to either me or the committee members for further instructions...

If you want to know more about the things that happened in the camp, I will try to write as many posts about the thing that happened in the camp as possible. Be sure to check out my blog more often. Will try to upload some of the pictures that I have taken during the camp too...

No comments: