Saturday, December 01, 2007

Silence

Strangely to say this but I had never been in silence like many of you except when I am sleeping. Don't understand what I am talking about? Let me explain.

If I am in a situation when I am alone and there is no source of sound whatsoever, I will still be hearing sound (something like a ringing/whining sound and no, it is not supernatural).

I guess I never really give a thought about it before until last year when I encounter the idea. The reason I never noticed it before is because this ringing/whining sound have been with me since I was young and all these while, I thought that it is actually normal.

The correct name for this situation is Tinnitus but itself is not really a disease but more of a symptom resulting from a range of underlying causes, like ear infection, foreign objects or wax in the ear and injury from loud voice. I guess the cause for me having this ringing/whining in the ear is the wax that have been accumulated in my ear all the while... Most of the time, I have sinus in the morning and it is actually the same stuff that cause the ringing/whining...

No comments: